Levels of accuracy
Forms scanned, batched and indexed
Sue Ryder provides compassionate care to people with end of life and long-term needs. As a national charity, they deliver health and social care services providing person-centered hospice and neurological care.
Sue Ryder receives a significant amount of gift aid through declaration forms that donors bring directly to the charity’s retail shops. With each shop having its own responsibility for their own forms, these were being kept at each store’s premises within multiple filing cabinets. By only having access to hard copy forms, Sue Ryder were exposed to any gift aid requests made by HMRC as they simply couldn’t access the relevant data easily and quickly enough. Their only option was to physically search through numerous forms to try and satisfy requirements.
Parseq were appointed on a significant back scan project by Sue Ryder in June 2015 to enable an end-to-end gift aid audit trail. The first step in this process started with document receipt. Sue Ryder created a central hub and collated all documents marking them up by shop number, so they were identifiable. Parseq coordinated a huge delivery with the client, and subsequently received over 1 million forms contained within 209 boxes via one direct courier shipment at
our head office processing facility in Hellaby, Rotherham.
- Prepared all documentation for scanning including the removal of staples,paper clips, and plastic ties
- Scanned, batched and indexed all donor gift aid declaration forms
- Captured donor ID numbers through OCR technology recognition – 7 characters in total
- Validation of shop number and donor ID
- Verification of donor with Sue Ryder’s existing database through data lookup
- Reconciliation and validation that all documents had been scanned
- Creation of ADIR (Advanced Digital Image Repository) files so all forms were visible and searchable by digital image
- Exceptions handling – process set up and adhered to
- Secure destruction of all documents once complete
- Processing of on-going donor declaration forms
This project was a real success and provided Sue Ryder with complete visibility and accessibility of over 1 million gift aid declarations, putting them in a far better position with HMRC. As Parseq’s service is on-going we’ve now
scanned, batched and indexed 1.8 million forms.